Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Amazing People - Kelley Wampler

Kelley has been on my mind a lot, because frankly, she's just so darn likable! Kelley is one of the leaders of the bible study I've been a part of for 2 years. She's not only a great Christian role model for all of the 20-something ladies in my bible study, but she's a genuine friend. It's no secret that the past year has been hands down the most difficult in my life, from my mom's diagnosis of stage 4 lung cancer, to struggling with things at work, to having difficulty starting our family. Kelley has prayed with me on my way home from visiting my mom in the hospital on her 48th birthday. She has hugged me as I cried at the thought that maybe we weren't going to be able to have kids of our own.

And the thing is, I know I'm not alone. I know that she has dozens of young women who look up to her like I do, who rely on her guidance. And she makes time for all of them. She has 3 kids of her own, but gives you her undivided attention whenever you need it. During all the times she has been there for me and for others, I know she's been doing the same thing for her family, who has had a very rough year as well.

I hope someday I can be to others what Kelley has been for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment