I'm infrequently left alone to reflect these days. There is usually a baby, a pile of mail, a hungry husband, or a nap urging me to be in action. So before I go to bed I just wanted to say that I'm thankful.
I'm thankful for sitting alone in the quiet, Christmas tree-lit living room of our first house.
I'm thankful for my husband and his amazing love for our daughter.
I'm thankful for our daughter.
I'm thankful for the times she chooses to sleep for 3+ hours.
I'm thankful for friendship.
I'm thankful for this time I have off of work to get to know my daughter and care for her.
I'm thankful for a Savior who was born, just to die for our sins. Sins we would never overcome on our own.
I'm thankful for a gracious and merciful God.
I'm thankful for His timing, His plan.
Here's to hoping the rest of December and 2011 hold lots more to be thankful for.
This blog is starting with a bang! Great post.....my expectations are rising!!
ReplyDelete