Since I haven't been much of an observer in the past, I find myself in an awkward position now. Turns out, you're not suppose to tell what you're "fasting" from. Well dang. I guess I'll try that technique next time and for now, I'll say that I desire absolute no praise for my "sacrifice." I simply wanted to share my shortcomings and throw it out there that I'm making an effort to connect with the Lord more frequently. Hope you'll all forgive me. :)
ha. everybody tells. everybody. i think you're fine:).
ReplyDeleteI think it is perfectly fine to share! We are suppose to learn from each other's shortcomings and offer praise and encouragement to help each other them thru them.
ReplyDeleteIn my opinion Lent isn't a biblically laid out practice, not that it isn't grounded in great biblical ideas of fasting and prayer, but rather no where does it say you have to observe lent for a set amount of time, in a set season, and do it this particular way.
No forgiveness needed!
As long as you are allowing your heart and life to fall forward, toward God, that's all that matters. When the church starts putting rules on how that is suppose to look and sets boundaries that aren't biblical, that get's dangerous.
Love this! Absolutely love the reminder that it's about the relationship, not about the rules!
DeleteI was just going to say that I didn't know there were rules....but I guess that's been said. For lent I was going to give up worrying, but then I thought that might take a few years. Or a lifetime! :)
ReplyDelete