Fridays are my favorite. We have no plans on Fridays. No playdates, very little work to do, the weekend looming in the most wonderful way. Not to mention it's still garage sale weather.
Today was all Addy and I. The entire day was the two of us since Pete is playing team doctor for Mexico tonight.
So after dinner and a special treat (chocolate milk for both of us), I wasn't sure what the rest of the night would hold. I didn't have any special activity planned and frankly, Addy is tired of the toys we own, which is fairly minimal, by choice.
It was a beautiful surprise to pick up a magazine and read quietly for an hour while Addy played independently, and thoughtfully for that time with only a few interruptions for "help." It was a freeing moment. One that showed me how we can live together but on our own. How our lives are intertwined by not the same.
That sweet, messy, blonde baby is growing up and becoming a powerful, contagious, joyful, beautiful little girl. And it's in small moments like tonight's that I realize how perfectly we were made for one another. Not to say everything is perfect, but to say, we compliment one another and challenge each other at the same time.
No comments:
Post a Comment