Saturday, December 1, 2012

A Dream

I had a dream last night. It's not often I dream so realistically, or at least, remember dreaming so realistically. You were there. Not like you really were, it was the sick you. In fact, I was surprised you were there because you had been so sick. It was a lot of my friends, and I thought, now they'll be able to see what is going on in my life. And I was happy you were there to share a fun night. You wanted to dance. Not the spirited love of dancing and music from our youth, but all you could muster in your hunched over style. There was no music, but you didn't care, and when I said something you started humming your own song. But then things went wrong. You fell, you seized. You were taken away. Almost like your visit was just a brief reprieve from your long rest now. The night continued. It was a strange dream, but oddly all fits together. I ran away from the party, because it was 2 in the morning, and I was in a bad part of town. The sun was eerily shining. It seemed appropriate with the oddness of the night. Some men started following me. Slowly at first, then clearly chasing me. I stopped to fill out some forms (probably because of Addy's doctor's appointment yesterday), then ran into a building. It was a school and eventually I ended up in a room I couldn't get out of. Then the equivalent of MIB gave me the full alien exposure treatment.

It was really odd feeling at the time, or funny at all, just sad. I haven't had a dream about you before, and I hate that you weren't perfectly well again. Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment