Alanis Morissette reference anyone? Anyway, I read this idea to put down some things I want my child(ren) to know about me. I'm thinking about doing this, so here is the first "question" to answer.
20 random facts about yourself:
1. I bite my nails. Gross.
2. I have a tattoo. So I know you should wait until you're older than 18 to make decisions like that.
3. I have kidney disease, and you might too (50% chance), but there is nothing you can do about it really. Eat well and limit caffeine and potassium maybe. Better yet, just stay healthy with exercise and a good diet.
4. I don't know what I want to be when I grow up. Though I have considered being a teacher and owning a bed and breakfast. I've also considered not really going back to work after your dad is out of residency and you are in school.
5. I really do love math. I might not always remember how to do it right away, but I'll love helping you with math homework. Science...ask your dad.
6. If I had to chose between mountains and beach for vacation - it's beach, everytime. And there ought to be massages if it's a true vacation. I'll let you know when I go on my first "true" vacation.
7. I have a strong affection for Dr. Pepper. I often think of giving it up. But it's mutual, and I just don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.
8. I've made some bad decisions. I hope you don't have to make the same ones to believe me when I say they were bad.
9. A good church is worth its weight in gold.
10. I love sweets.
11. I'm super cautious driving in bad weather. I also worry a bit more than I should when people I love are driving in it.
12. Nothing feels quite as good as a super hot bath at the end of the day.
13. I love to read, and can tear up a John Grisham novel in mere days.
14. Being around people makes me feel whole. I love some alone time, but don't need a lot of it to recharge.
15. I really want to learn to garden.
16. I am really lucky to have in-laws I adore. Your aunts and uncles and grandpa and grandma are some of my favorite people.
17. I really enjoy sewing, but am not that great at it. Maybe some day this won't be as true.
18. If we ever make a lot of money, you won't inherit it. Sorry! You can earn your own, in time, and give it away and disappoint your kids too.
19. I dream about the future a lot. Sometimes I have to remember that I'm here now, and so are you.
20. My mom took pictures constantly, and I love to do the same. I just want some with me in them occasionally as well. Just remember, from the neck up is good.
Maybe in a year I'll share 20 more random bits, because truly, these are random.
Just caught up on this and while I always knew we shared #7, I was surprised and happy to know we share #12. I thought the super hot thing was just me. :). Oh and #18 made me giggle in a good, good way.
ReplyDelete