Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A True Story

Today, on the way out of HyVee, Addy was adamantly refusing her coat. I was growing irritated at her progressing disobedience so I start angry whispering in her ear.
Put your coat on right now. 
Until finally I turned her to face me and told her that when Mommy asks her to do something she is to say, "Yes, ma'am," and do it. 
No, I can't say "Yes, ma'am."
And in one of my finer moments I said, "You just did and you better learn to like it."

Predictably, the she put her coat on and the situation diffused. In the car I asked her if she wanted to go home and watch her horsey show (Black Beauty), and she said, "YES!" and then I heard a quieter, "Yes, ma'am."

And that, my friends, is how I went from angry whispers to heart-filled laughter in less than 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment