Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I'm from Nebraska

I was driving this morning, all the way across town, to an in-home daycare Addy and I were visiting. A friend of mine runs it and it is a temporary solution, so I am trying not to get hung up on the fact that it takes me 20 minutes to get there and then I have to turn around and drive straight back to get to work. It's just temporary!!

Anyway.

On my way, I get honked at by someone and soon thereafter a car driven by an older gentleman pulls up beside me. I roll down my window and he tells me he needs to head up to Omaha soon and is I-29 accessible? Well, since I'm from Nebraska (I've got a sticker on my car to prove it!) I naturally would know this. I shrug, give my best, "eh" look and say that I don't think so. I found it humorous that he assumed I would know that. At least I hadn't cut him off and he was honking so I would look as he flipped me off. :)

I think I'm going to start adding a little You Know You're A Mom Because tidbit to the bottom of my posts. Mostly because I have one today, but can think of about 10 more instantly.

You Know You're A Mom Because #1
your eyebrows look worse than when you were in middle school.

Everytime I catch a glimpse of myself in my rearview mirror I imagine it screaming, "Someone get that lady a pair of tweezers ASAP!" And yes, I imagine my rearview mirror talks to me.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know--it might be a "you know you're a wife." E took my tweezers for reasons I don't remember and now I can't find them, nor can he. Today I looked it the mirror and scared myself. Maybe we need to buy a collective pair and have a small group intervention:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! The girl in my rear-view mirror has crazy eye-brows too! I thought it was just a "you know you're a medical student when..." thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mirror mirror on the wall. Everyone keeps telling me that I just need to "get them done". That's a bad sign. Apparently I can't even pluck right. And mine have looked like this SINCE middle school.

    ReplyDelete