Saturday, January 28, 2012

Resolution Check-In

It's the end of January. I thought that I would give a rundown on how the resolutions are going. Here's a little update on each of them.

1. Read the bible through this year. Turns out the church's plan isn't the WHOLE Bible in a year. So I've yet to start on a specific plan, but I'm going to start ASAP
2. I want to lose weight. I work out 5-6 days a week now. I'm pretty proud of that, but no weight loss so far. I've been working out for a full month and not lost a single pound. I did measure myself and in the last 2 weeks I've lost 1 1/2" off my waist and hips. Progress! Now I'm trying to change up some eating habits. That's hard for me.  
3. Be a better letter writer. No progress just yet.
4. Meal plan. Doing ok on this one. Finding new meals to make has been fun for me and Pete
5. Manage our money well. So far, pretty good. We've done well saving for an expensive exam for Pete, a trip to my brother's wedding, and trying to stay on budget. It's hard to get a good handle on some variable expenses, but I'm working on it and definitely paying closer attention to how we spend our money.
6. Make fun a priority. Not too bad here. Hard to measure this one, but I'm working on providing her with lots of fun! :)
7. Re-start a journal for Addy. Fail. No journaling just yet. 
8. Pray more. Getting better. Work in progress. I just started reading A Praying Life, so hopefully I can glean a lot of wisdom on this topic.
9. Serve more. Not much movement on this front. Hopefully I'll find some more opportunities in the coming months.
10. Read more. Yes! I've been reading much more. We're doing a book study in our small group, my bible study, and I've been getting some "free" reading done as well. I read while on the elliptical, so that's super helpful
11. Educate myself on politics. I'm specifically avoiding debates and State of the Union addresses. I suppose I have lots to work on here. :)
12. Finish what I start. Much better. The bathroom is still no closer to done, but I just have to hang a large graphic print project for the house, I made a purse for a friend for Christmas (or 2 weeks into January...), and I have lots of fun things planned for some little babies I'm excited to welcome (ummm..not my own). 


So that's how things are going. Not bad! 

6 comments:

  1. This was great to read.
    So proud of you.
    Amazing job working out so much! And I think it's normal to not lose much weight in the beginning because you're gaining so much muscle at first!
    What kinds of fun things do you do with Addy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just replied to your comment below, and then noticed the update where I can reply directly to comments now! Yay!

      Delete
  2. But you could have your own!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ash - I'm not that great at coming up with things for Addy. I feel like she's in this tough age where she doesn't communicate well, but wants to and her attention span is so short that most activities I plan aren't worth the time. I just found a new website though, so I might try some of these things: http://www.icanteachmychild.com/1-2-years/

    ReplyDelete