 |
How cute is she?! I'm pretty excited to be getting another sister-in-law! |
So my brother is getting married in May, and I am really excited about the trip to South Carolina and getting to be part of the wedding. It changes our whole summer plans, because, frankly, it's expensive to fly out there and we have to since Pete has to be back at work that next Monday, and a 15 hour drive with a 1.5 year old sounds awful. I'm not worried about any of that, I'm more focused on looking super hot for the wedding. Wedding pictures stick around you know! There have been just two family weddings since my own almost 5 years ago and I was able to sit (and therefore hide most of my weight gain), or I was pregnant and had an excuse for the bump, though not for the bad hair-do. But I'm IN this wedding. Like standing up there in all the pictures in a sleeveless, practically backless, short dress. It's super cute, but it's being modeled by a size 2 model. Now I don't have any desire to be a size 2, but I would like to drop a few sizes (more about that in my resolution post). I've been working out almost everyday since December 27th and I'm really proud of that. We're two weeks in and in two more weeks I'll be really pleased with things if I keep up the pace. This month I'm just focusing on 20 minutes of cardio each day (M-F at least), situps after every workout, and strength training every other day. So far so good. I get to drop Addy at the play center, read my book while elipsing or some such pseudo-running activity, and shower without worrying that Addy is stuffing all my tampons down the toilet. It's pretty fabulous and has been a great part of our daily routine. Addy LOVES playing with other kids and I love how I feel knowing I am working out regularly for the first time in a LONG time. I'm so pumped up I was about to purchase our bridesmaids dress on ebay, but Pete talked me out of purchasing a dress that's two sizes too small. Probably smart, but I really wanted to feel like I could reach my goal. I still think it's possible, but maybe in another month or two I'll find another good deal like that and have a better idea of exactly where I am in my goal.
I know that's riveting. But that's what is on my mind and I'm pumped up about working on at least one of my New Year's resolutions.
Way to go, girl! You're on the way to accomplishing one of your resolutions. You are a rockstar for making time for yourself!
ReplyDeleteReally proud of you. I don't seem to be able to stay committed to anything lately. Joining a gym with childcare (even if you have to pay a little more monthly) seems like a dream. "Stuffing all my tampons down the toilet" - Ha!
ReplyDeleteYeah Ashley! So proud of you! Woot!
ReplyDeleteNatalie loves my gyms kids club too, so it is great to be able to work out while I know she is having fun!
Another thing N and I do is have a dance party once per day. We turn on fun music and dance around. It is a good workout and fun for N! Try it!
What color is your bridesmaid dress? Congrats on that upcoming wedding!
I so wish we could hang out during the day.
Awesome job on starting your new years resolution right!
You make me feel like I need to make some resolutions!
tampons down the toilet. LOL. Go get um girl!
ReplyDeleteUhhh, the go get um refers to your goal. Not the toileted tampons.
ReplyDelete