Friday, January 27, 2012

Sick Day

You know what stay at home mom's don't get? Sick days. Ugh.
It started last night, and I realized how ironic it was that my in-laws are coming into town again, which is when I was sick last time. Coincidence? Actually, yes.
I woke feeling a smidge bit better but not great yet. I wanted to crawl back into bed, but my little lady, despite having cried out multiple times in the night, woke around 6:15am. No amount of back rubbing could get her to go back to sleep. Bummer.
With Pete off to work I clung desperately to the hope of an early morning nap. Which kind of happened. She slept for all of 40 minutes this morning. So we went to the gym, which was ok. I actually thought I was feeling better at one point. Then I went to do my situps and felt my stomach revolt. Scrap the situps and lifting, go take a shower. I felt like I had just run a marathon, when in reality it was 25 minutes on an elliptical. It was all very reminiscent of being pregnant. Except that was for the entire first 3 months. Yuck. That should help with the baby fever I've been battling.
So I just put the kid down for an early 2nd nap. Today is just strange. Who knows what our afternoon holds. But for now, I'm debating between napping and picking up our disaster of a house before my husband gets home or at least before my in-laws are here.
Oh the glamorous life of a stay at home mom.

4 comments:

  1. We had a weird night last night too....so did Chesney and Arlen. Maybe it's the moon or something. I feel like that's what all of the old ladys would say. My parents are coming down this afternoon evening. Here is the text that I sent them about coming down:

    "That will be fun. I might look like an abused housewife after Arlen leaves. That's usually my 'Friday look'. Hope that's okay. Also the house will e in shambles. I'm such a wonderful host."

    I say, family coming down is for helping, not hosting! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was family was for helping! My mom was all about that! I really miss that about her. She wanted so badly to come after Addy was born, but she was too sick to do much. I took her heart for serving others for granted.

      Delete
  2. Easy choice: NAP! Better you get well than to have a clean house.

    And I agree with Amy, it's family; family is for helping!

    ReplyDelete