Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Birthday Party

Today was suppose to be Addy's birthday. I was due November 23, 2010. But we all know how that went down. So it was a few weeks ago that we celebrated our sweet girl.

Goodness, she looks chubby in this picture. I find it very endearing. It won't be long before she is bombarded with societal messages about external beauty and being appropriately skinny so I have to soak up the sweet rolls while I can.

She didn't really understand opening presents, but she sure liked to play with the packaging. 
I wasn't sure how she would do with the cupcake. I knew there was NO way she wasn't going to eat it, I just didn't know if she'd go all jam-it-in-my-face-crazy or something a bit more restrained. The later it turns out. Good girl.
 Despite saying not to bring presents, I think everyone did. She's pretty spoiled, but we're very grateful for everyone's generosity. She got such a great assortment of clothes, books, and toys. This should last us through the winter clothes wise and hopefully much longer on the toy and book front. 
I feel very blessed to have this ray of sunshine in my life. She brings us great joy. I never could have imagined a love like this.

That's a rare lap nap. Poor girl wasn't feeling well and needed to snuggle. I begrudgingly obliged basked in the warmth of her sweet sleeping body for an hour.

3 comments:

  1. Love the pics! Happy birthday Adalie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find those cubby cheeks endearing as well! I love that picture when she is coming out of the box. That girl smiles with her whole being - She can make the entire room light up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like so much fun. Love the chubby photo!!

    ReplyDelete