Monday, July 25, 2011

Grow (old) with me

I'm convinced that should we have lived any other time or our lives taken a different course along the way that I still would have ended up with you.
No matter where I am, I feel that tingle, that pull that says I'm headed home to you.
It's not as if we are perfect, but in fact, messy in the best way. Imperfect in a way that says we have work to do, that we need to get things right still, and all that takes time.

I remember when being "in love" meant talking on the phone all night and holding hands down the hallways. Now I know that being in love with you is more of a soft whisper. It's catching you in a moment of sweetness, or feeling your hand reach for mine just before we drift off to sleep. Being in love with you is like a wind rushing through the leaves. It's quiet, and some might not notice, but it's calming, and beautiful if you're waiting for it.

Your love is all I ever want from you. Love that's sure of itself, love that's true and simple. And in return, the best I have to give, is to love you while you grow (old) with me.

4 comments:

  1. I love this!! And I resonate with it so much. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! Isn't our God so amazing that he hand picks our mates for us that we would be challenged, fullfilled, loved deeply.

    ReplyDelete