Sunday, July 3, 2011

Pete's July Budget

I do the finances in our house. Not because Pete can't, but because I have my degree in accounting so it seemed like a good idea back when we decided how to break out jobs like that. Don't worry, Pete has plenty of say in how we spend our money, he just doesn't have to worry about paying the bills. Well as time has gone on our various bills have stacked up. Yuck. We're up to at least 12 monthly bills. We probably need to cut back on things like - student loans & car insurance. Just kidding. After Pete graduated in May we quit receiving student loan money and Pete doesn't get his first pay check until the end of July. Our credit card (which we pay for everything with and then pay off at the end of each month) bill is due 5 days before we both get paid. So I did all the tricks I could (used all our reward money toward our bill, factored in my expense check from work I'll be getting in 2 weeks, and transferred all our money from savings into checking) and came up with $130 after we pay the credit card bill and before we get paid. I'm crossing my fingers there are no other bills coming out of our account before then.

All that to say, Pete thought he would help out by creating a budget for this month. Isn't he sweet?

1 comment:

  1. From Luke: You could sell some cornhusker memorabilia to make some money....but it's not worth anything.

    From Amy: I love the "infinity love" in the equation!

    ReplyDelete