A friend of mine recently relayed an entertaining story about teaching her 7 1/2 year old son about privacy, which led to a discussion about why we should protect our private parts. It's quite funny and if you know Kelley you should ask her about it. She tells it so well.
Anyway, I was on ted.com, which is such a great website of short videos that range from informative to persuasive to funny and much more. I found this funny video about a woman who had "the talk" with her 8 year old daughter. Try not to get caught up in whether or not you agree with her evolution of the human body business, and just enjoy the humor of explaining reproduction to a young child and where it might inadvertantly lead.
http://www.ted.com/talks/julia_sweeney_has_the_talk.html
I can't tell you how much this made me laugh. A lot.
ReplyDeleteOh my... I can't even begin to tell you how identical a conversation I had with Jaimee about 3 weeks ago was to that video. It all started when we were driving in the car and she, ever so nonchalantly, asked, "Jenna, are you a virgin?"
ReplyDeleteJenna, you are kidding! First of all, she knows what that means? Secondly, I want to hear your answer!!
ReplyDeleteIt's actually a great story! Next small group it's a must share... at least with the girls!
ReplyDelete